Why do I need First Aid at Work Training?
It is a requirement of Health & Safety law that employers should provide a safe and healthy environment for their employees.
If the assessment of First Aid needs highlights the need for qualified First Aiders, then this first aid at work course will provide you with suitable, highly trained personnel.
This comprehensive three-day course covers a wide range of First Aid emergencies, enabling all participants to deal with an emergency situation with confidence in a prompt, safe and effective way.
Award’s first aid at work course will give the participants a qualification to the highest level of First Aid, meeting the statutory requirements of the Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981.
Delegates will receive training in a range of First Aid competencies. The list below is by no means exhaustive, but outlines the main aspects of the course:
Find out more
The BEST decision on training you will ever make!
- Aims and principles of First Aid
- Basic life support
- Management of the unconscious casualty
- Assessment and treatment of a casualty who is wounded, bleeding or shocked
- Assessment and treatment of fractures
- Dislocations and soft tissue injuries
- Assessment and treatment of burns, poisoning and eye injuries
- Assessment and treatment of common major and minor illnesses
- Prevention of cross-infection during First Aid procedures
- Emergency transport of casualties
Numbers: a maximum of 12 and a minimum of 6 students can be accommodated on this course and each participant must be aged over 16 years old.
A minimum of 24 hours spread over at least 3 days. Ideally, the course should be run over 3 consecutive days, but Award has the flexibility to accommodate your specific needs if you so desire.
Subject to successful final assessment, all participants will be issued with a First Aid at Work certificate (and wallet card) approved by the Health and Safety Executive.
This qualification is valid for 3 years which can be renewed by attending a suitable 2-Day re-qualification course.