Why do I need an IOSH Working Safely Course?
Who should go on IOSH Working safely?
IOSH Working Safely (v5,0) is for people at any level, in any sector, needing a grounding in the essentials of health and safety. Everyone at work should have an understanding of why they must ‘work safely’ – and this course offers exactly that.
What will they get out of it?
What they need to know – and are perhaps reluctant to learn about – in a refreshingly informal way.
IOSH Working Safely isn’t supposed to turn delegates into safety experts. It focuses on why health and safety is important, and how individuals can make a real difference to the wellbeing of themselves and others through changing their behaviour.
Please note we are NOT able run these courses as open courses. They are for groups of people with a minimum of 9 per course.
Find out more
The BEST decision on training you will ever make!
What will the employer get out of it?
- nationally recognised and respected certificated training for their teams
- peace of mind offered by training that’s designed and quality-controlled by the Chartered body for health and safety
- minimum disruption to working days and shifts – the one-day programme includes the assessment, so there’s no need to free up further time for a test after the course
- IOSH Working safely meets the government’s guidelines for introductory health and safety training and is a 100 per cent match to the Health and Safety Executive’s Passport Scheme ‘passport’ syllabus and to help you get your CSCS Labourers Green Card
- two key areas – health and safety and environmental basics – are covered in a single self-contained session
IOSH Working safely: introducing a completely new approach to health and safety training
- Recognised by CSCS as equivalent to level 1 Award in health & safety in a Construction environment
- a one-day course offering all the basics in a high impact interactive package
- fantastic quality animated graphics created exclusively for the course
- a presentation that’s designed to be fun and get people fully involved and interested
- first class, jargon-free technical content based on what people need to know in practice, not off-putting legal language
- clear scenarios drawn from genuine work situations to drive home practical points
- the very latest training tips and suggestions – from grabbing and retaining attention to maximising the training experience and making sure key points are taken on board
- assessments built into the day’s training – no need for follow-on tests on separate days, taking up valuable work time
Our IOSH working safely training course is designed to work with your employees to ensure that they have an understanding of why health and safety is important. Not only to them but also to the company.
This is a tough day long course and can be tailored to suit your business. As health and safety law is applicable to all businesses then this really is the course for you.
I have had lots of positive feedback from those who attended, it was far more than just a tick in the box for completing some training – all the staff both new and experienced left the course having learned something and perhaps most importantly looking at the hazards and risks of the workplace as their responsibility and not that of someone else!
Chris kept the course interesting and engaging and everyone enjoyed the day despite the challenging nature of the course! I would definitely recommend Chris and Award Health and Safety for the IOSH Working Safely Course – having previously tried cheaper on-line courses, the face to face training and support ultimately worked out more cost effective as all attendees passed first time and no expensive retests were needed!! Thank you Award Health and Safety
Rose Engineering Ltd
Designed for: All employees
Course duration: 5.5 hours
Assessment method: Written tests at the end of the course
Level: New Level 1