Asbestos can kill people and cripple businesses. We can train your staff in asbestos awareness. We can also carry out asbestos surveys for you, so that everyone is protected from this lethal material.
If you have premises where asbestos may be present, you need a documented Asbestos Management Plan. If you are a contractor employing workers who carry out trades on site, your staff need externally audited asbestos awareness training.
‘Common Areas’ Asbestos Surveys for blocks of flats
In blocks of flats there is a need to have an asbestos survey to cover the common areas (such as stairs and corridors) under the Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012. The common areas will also need a Fire Risk Assessment. If you are a Block Manager or the freeholder of a block of flats we can carry out both Fire Risk Assessments and Asbestos Surveys for you, enabling you to meet your legal obligations.
How can Award Health & Safety Ltd help businesses manage asbestos?
Our approach is to provide accurate and up to date advice and support tailored to the needs of the client. Our extensive experience allows us to provide practical assistance for even the most daunting of requirements. In particular, our Asbestos services for you might include:
- Undertaking asbestos surveys for Asbestos-Containing Materials (ACM’s), for which we use UKAS-accredited laboratories to analyse samples of materials taken
- Undertaking risk assessments to advise you on how best to deal with the asbestos danger
- Preparing a specification and scope of works for any asbestos-related works
- Producing your Asbestos Management Policy document
- Compilation of the Asbestos Register, in various Formats which are easy to use and keep up to date
- Asbestos Awareness Training (Registered IATP Member) for your employees and contractors who may come into contact with asbestos-containing materials on your premises
- Training for your Projects and Estates staff on managing Asbestos danger and managing your Contractors
- Checking the condition of identified asbestos-containing materials at pre-agreed intervals for you (subject to a Management Plan being agreed)
- Reviewing and auditing your asbestos procedures to make sure they are relevant and effective.
How do we provide this support?
We can tailor our support to account for your particular circumstances, which will typically involve one or both of the following Stand-alone work where a project is undertaken, such as surveying your premises or compiling your Asbestos Policy. Long-term support arrangements, where our work forms part of an agreement to provide assistance to you over a minimum period and take the worry out of managing your asbestos. Here, we will regularly check the condition of asbestos materials for you, provide training and keep your records up to date.
Award Health and Safety – “your Alliance for Compliance”
You need to comply with Health and Safety legislation. With a detailed knowledge of this complex field we can guide you every step of the way.