Enva Scotland Limited has been fined following an incident where a 28-year-old employee, Martin Kane, was fatally injured whilst cleaning a mobile shredder. Paisley Sheriff Court heard that on, 28 March 2018, at their Burnbrae Road, Paisley site, two employees were trying to remove waste that was trapped between a heavy magnet and a hopper…

Read More

A company has been fined for failing to complete the correct asbestos survey at a domestic construction project. Salisbury Magistrates’ Court heard how, on 18 October 2017, there was a gas explosion at a flat at Market Place, Chippenham where construction work had been carried out to develop the property into flats. Following the gas…

Read More

A conference venue has been fined after an 11.5kg scenery prop hit a stage manager on the head. Birmingham City Council prosecuted the National Exhibition Centre after the incident on 11 January 2019 at the International Convention Centre (ICC), which it owns. A freelance stage manager was struck on the head by a scenery counter-balance weight…

Read More

Cheshire West and Chester Council has been fined after a young child fell almost three metres to the floor from a gap in railings, sustaining serious head injuries. Chester Magistrates’ Court heard how on 16 November 2018, a family was visiting Chester City centre to watch the Christmas parade. While standing at a viewing point…

Read More

The Roman Catholic Diocese of Dunkeld has been fined for health and safety failings which led to the death of a vulnerable care home resident at a property in Dundee. Dundee Sheriff Court was told that in the early hours of 30 May 2017, a 94-year-old man fell nearly 30 feet from a second floor…

Read More