A gas fitter has been sentenced for carrying out gas work after his registration with Gas Safe Register had lapsed.
During September and October 2016, Adam Mansbridge replaced the gas central heating boilers at two different addresses in Mansfield and Worksop without being registered with Gas Safe Register. Following concerns, Gas Safe Register attended the properties and identified various defects with the installations, including defects identified as being ‘immediately dangerous’ and ‘at risk’.
An investigation by the HSE found that Mr Mansbridge’s registration with Gas Safe Register had not been renewed at the time the gas work was carried out, which involved replacing the gas central heating boilers.
Adam Mansbridge of Thorpe Close, Coddington, Newark, pleaded guilty to a breach of Regulation 3 (3) of the Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations 1998). He was given a curfew order for 12 weeks, ordered to pay costs of £2,500, and to pay £500 compensation to one of the customers.
Speaking after the hearing, HSE inspector Lee Greatorex said: “All gas work must be carried out by registered Gas Safe engineers to ensure the highest standards are met to prevent injury and loss of life. Appropriate enforcement action will be taken by HSE against those that fall below the required standards.”