Our abrasive wheels training course is conducted on your site or ours for a maximum of 10 trainees and lasts ½ a day (up to 3 hours).
This abrasive wheel training course has been designed and structured to comply with the requirements of the Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998 (PUWER 98).
It will leave your delegates with the knowledge they need to go on and become competent operatives in the use of abrasive wheels.
This training course can be conducted on any site that has suitable facilities e.g. table & chairs, power and somewhere to project on to. Our instructor will arrive at your site with a variety of different types of abrasive wheels and a small abrasive wheel machine for the practical element. This course is suitable for all types of abrasive wheels as this is a theoretical course rather than a practical one.
Extract from PUWER 98:
In relation to Abrasive Wheels PUWER 98 requires, among other things, that all machinery is suitable for its intended use and is properly maintained, and that employees including those using, mounting and managing the use of Abrasive Wheels, are fully informed and properly trained in their safe use.
Abrasive Wheels Training Course Content:
- The Need to Train and Statutory Requirements
- Characteristics of an Abrasive Wheel and the Types of Abrasive Wheels
- Marking of Abrasive Wheels and the British Standard Marking System
- Hazards and Precautions to be Taken
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Storage and Handling of Abrasive Wheels
- Inspection and Methods of Testing for Damage
- Abrasive Wheel Machine Components
- Specific Mounting Procedures
- Practical session on mounting an abrasive wheel
- PLEASE NOTE this course DOES NOT teach novices HOW to use an abrasive wheel rather the safety aspects of using different types of abrasive wheels
I’ve received glowing feedback about your training – they said you were the best instructor they had ever had and that you managed to make it informative and engaging, whereas in the past it had always been boring.
The BEST decision on abrasive wheels training you will ever make!
Our abrasive wheel training area includes
Abingdon, Aldershot, Alton, Andover, Alresford, Ash, Barnstaple, Basingstoke, Berkshire, Bognor Regis, Bordon, Botley, Bournemouth, Bramley, Bracknell, Brighton, Brockenhurst, Cadnam, Chichester, Crawley, Dorset, Dorchester, Eastleigh, Emsworth, Fareham, Farnborough, Fleet, Fordingbridge, Gosport, Guildford, Hampshire, Hastings, Havant, Hook, Lee on Solent, Liss, Lymington, Lyndhurst, New Milton, Newbury, Petersfield, Poole, Portsmouth, Reading, Ringwood, Romsey, Salisbury, Southsea, Southampton, Stockbridge, Surrey, Sussex, Tadley, Waterlooville, West Sussex, Weymouth, Wimbledon, Woking, Wiltshire, Wimbourne Minster, Winchester, Windsor, Wokingham, Worthing, Yateley, and across the uk