Why do I need a manual handling training course?
Our manual handling training course introduces delegates to the hazards and risks associated with manual handling.
This manual handling training course highlights manual handling issues and prepares delegates to look carefully at their own work activities.
It will help them to contribute to the development of safer methods of manual handling within their own organisations.
Who is it for?
Any employees carrying out manual handling activities at work. This could be anyone in an organisation that requires their employees to move something by ‘bodily force’.
- The process of manual handling in the workplace
- Manual handling injuries and their causes
- Manual handling assessment and controls
- Responsibilities imposed by the Manual Handling Operations Regulations
The syllabus can also be tailored to suit the needs of your organisation, e.g. the particular needs of the construction or office industries.
We used Award for some essential site staff training in Manual Handling and Working at Heights and were extremely pleased with what was delivered. The training was engaging and fun and staff gave it great feedback. The fact the training was in house kept costs and travelling times right down. I will use Award for all the training I possibly can from now on!
The Downs School,
Manual Handling Course Objectives
Successful delegates will be able to:
- Explain what is meant by manual handling
- Explain how manual handling can cause injury and give examples
- State the principles for controlling manual handling risks and apply these in a practical context
- Demonstrate a general understanding of the value and purposes of conducting a manual handling assessment and what employees can expect of such assessments
- Demonstrate an understanding of the main provisions of the Manual Handling Operations Regulations
- Complete a 12 question multiple choice test at the end of the session
Each trainee will receive an electronic certificate of training after completion of the course.
3 hours (½ day) for up to 12 delegates.
Find out more
The BEST decision on manual handling training course you will ever make!