Mobile Tower Training
In-House Mobile Tower Training by Award Health & Safety Ltd is delivered by trainers who also deliver PASMA® training but come to you to deliver in-house training instead of you going to a PASMA® centre.
The Work at Height Regulations 2005, require that the assembly, dismantling or alteration of Mobile Access Towers should only be undertaken by a competent person, or if being trained, under the supervision of a competent person.
Our mobile tower training can be held 'in-house' or if required PASMA® accredited training can be arranged whereby you have to travel to a PASMA® centre.
You will need a complete at least 4M tower to carry out this training. Ideally a 3T (Through The Trap) and AGR (Advanced Guard Rail) type of towers. We can supply these if required at additional cost.
There is NO LEGAL requirement to have a PASMA® accredited course as this is a brand name associated with tower training. Your own in house training is perfectly good enough if delivered by a competent person. Our trainers all deliver PASMA® training as well as ‘in-house’ training so are competent trainers. Award Health & Safety Ltd are not a PASMA® accredited centre however we can arrange PASMA® training if required.
A competent person is a person who can demonstrate that they have sufficient professional or technical training, knowledge, actual experience, and authority* to enable them to:-
- carry out their assigned duties at the level of responsibility allocated to them
- understand any potential hazards related to the work (or equipment) under consideration
- detect any technical defects or omissions in that work (or equipment), recognise any implications for health and safety caused by those defects or omissions, and be able to specify a remedial action to mitigate those implications
*Note: “authority” here means delegated authority to the individual by his employer to carry out a certain function or duty.
You will need to have enough space to carry out the training and build at least a 4M mobile tower including out riggers and toe boards. There is a requirement for theory training and the trainer will need a classroom style environment to carry out the theory side of things generally in the morning before going on to build the tower in the afternoon. This course is usually run with a max of 8 delegates.
Mobile Tower Training
- Safety Requirements
- Training, Competence & Responsibilities
- Literacy, Fitness & Health
- Types of Mobile Access Towers
- General Points on Assembling the Tower
- Moving the Tower
- Tying In and improving Stability
- Dismantling the Tower
- Safe Use of Towers
- Care and Maintenance
- Handling, Transport and Storage
- Site Inspection
- PASMA® Training Scheme can be arranged if required
- Advanced Courses
PASMA® Accredited Mobile Tower Training can be arranged if required
Find out more
The BEST decision on mobile tower training you will ever make!