Safety Harness Training is a requirement if you decide that you have no other alternative to use a harness when working at height and you have been through the hierarchy of control, Avoid, Prevent, Minimise you end up with a need for PPE.
Working at height is subject to numerous hazards and threats to health and safety and is still the biggest killer on construction sites. However, much of the risk can be mitigated with adequate prior planning, preparation and appropriate supervision as required by regulation.
One of the obvious pieces of equipment involved in reducing the risk when working at height is the safety harness. However, such equipment could make matters even be more dangerous should it fall into the hands of workers who are improperly trained.
- Fall Arrest, Work Restraint, Work Positioning
- Correct fitting & adjustment of a full body harness
- Selection of a suitable lanyard
- Anchorage points suitable for use with height safety equipment
- CE Certification, conformity and record keeping
- How to carry out a daily Inspection and identify any damage to harnesses, lanyards, and industrial connectors.
- Written Test
- PRACTICAL RESCUE TRAINING, which IS a legal requirement, CAN NOW BE ARRANGED IF REQUIRED. Where there is still a risk of falling even when using a harness.
- To enable a user to correctly fit and carry out a daily inspection of personal fall protection equipment.
- To give the operative guidance in the safe use of harnesses.
- To introduce rescue plans.
On successful completion the participant will:
- Be aware of the relevant Health & Safety Regulations
- Be aware of the needs with regard to Personnel Protection Equipment and Requirements
- Be able to identify and select the correct form of harness to use
- Be able to carry out a daily inspection of fall protection equipment
- Be able to fit and use the identified harness correctly
- ½ day
- Maximum of 10 people
All applicants should be a minimum of 18 years old and physically fit.
Find out more
The BEST decision on training you will ever make!